Resveratrol has several key benefits that promotes longevity and supports NAD+ metabolism that makes it a perfect synergistic match for NMNand other NAD boosting supplements.
*Resveratrol speeds up the biosynthesis and recycling of NAD+ in our bodies. It does this by up-regulating the NMNAT gene, which is a bottleneck-enzyme responsible for the production of NAD+.
* Resveratrol can also directly, though selectively, turn on our "longevity genes" called Sirtuins, such as SIRT1, mimicking some benefits of caloric restriction and promoting mitochondrial biogenesis.
*Resveratrol aids in the protection of NAD+ by suppressing inflammatory cytokines that cause the expression of ectoenzyme CD38. CD38 the greatest destroyer of NAD+ in our bodies.
* Resveratrol is also an AMPK activator which is a fatty acid oxidation pathway normally induced by exercise and is believed to be beneficial to longevity.
* A 2016 study shows one of the ways in which resveratrol promotes healthy cardiovascular and circulatory system, is by remodeling the gut bacteria to reduce the production of TMA & TMAO. TMAO interferes with the normal removal of cholesterol from the bloodstream by blocking its conversion to bile acids in the liver.
* A recent study show resveratrol may have the ability to rejuvenate senescent cells and elongate telomeres. ” making senescent cells not only look physically younger, but start to behave more like young cells and start dividing.”
* Resveratrol promotes general health and wellness in a multifaceted way that makes it indispensable as a nutritional supplement. “Antioxidant effect of resveratrol in the cardiovascular system”
Resveratrol Increases Intracellular NAD+ Levels Through Up regulation of The NAD+ Synthetic Enzyme Nicotinamide Mononucleotide Adenylyltransferase
Resveratrol-Induced AMP-Activated Protein Kinase Activation Is Cell-Type Dependent: Lessons from Basic Research for Clinical Application.
Resveratrol Attenuates Trimethylamine-N-Oxide (TMAO)-Induced A---* by Regulating TMAO Synthesis and Bile Acid Metabolism via Remodeling of the Gut Microbiota
Old human cells rejuvenated in breakthrough discovery on aging
Antioxidant effects of resveratrol in the cardiovascular system